Here are some of our past events:
NEW YEAR’S EVE 2015 at VEE VEE, Three Courses, $60/person
first course, choice of:
lobster toast, crème fraîche, salmon roe*
Duck and chicken liver paté
raincoast crisps, cherry-port mostarda
Roasted beet carpaccio
buttermilk-goat cheese crema, bitter greens, dill vinaigrette, parsnip chips
second course, choice of:
Evelyn’s potato gnocchi
wild mushrooms, Burgundy truffle, spinach, romano cheese, w/ or w/out pancetta
Club sirloin steak*
bacon/blue/cheese/jalapeño crispy potatoes, sunny egg, hollandaise, watercress
Miso-marinated sea bass
black rice, Chinese broccoli, crispy brussels sprouts, oyster sauce
third course, choice of:
coconut, lemon-cream cheese filling, blackberry coulis
Frozen chocolate soufflé
cinnamon whipped cream
Austrian walnut-espresso torte
NEW YEAR’S EVE 2014 at Vee Vee —
Say goodbye to 2014 with us as we ring in the new year with a delicious prix fixe dinner. $55/per person, three fantastic courses.
s t a r t:
– Lobster stew, lobster toast, creme fraiche; or,
– Pork rillettes, crostini, whole grain mustard, cornichons; or,
– Rung’s fresh spring rolls, peanut sauce.
m a i n:
– Wild rice cakes, roasted vegetables, sauce of locally-foraged mushrooms, parsnip chips; or,
– Roasted halibut, provencal-style vegetables, roasted Allandale Farm fingerling potatoes; or,
– Club sirloin steak, carrot soufflé, broccoli rabe, French onion soup sauce.
d e s s e r t:
– Chocolate roulade, mocha-mint crème anglaise; or,
– Mead-poached pear, spiced pecans; or,
– Sticky toffee pudding, candied orange.
To make your reservation, click here. Book early, spots are already filling up!
The 6 seats at the bar will be available for walk-ins and an a la carte option will be available there.
[Menu subject to further tinkering…]
More info about the beer:
Through two decades of epic live performances, ups and downs, breakups and reunions, self-financed basement sessions and major-label releases, there’s been one constant for indie legends Guided by Voices: lots and lots of American lager.
To celebrate the band’s independent spirit and the 20th anniversary of the classic album Bee Thousand, Dogfish Head has brewed the bracing but highly quaffable BEER Thousand. This imperial lager includes 10 grains and 10 hop varieties and clocks in at 10% ABV.
10x10x10 = BEER Thousand.
No sipper, BEER Thousand looks like a light lager and has much of the light lager recipe DNA but it is amplified like a barleywine. Fleeting fruit notes in the aroma give way to a sweet and malty flavor and a clean, warm finish. It goes down perfectly between barrages of low-fi 90-second jams.
“I can’t believe it’s been 20 years,” says GBV frontman Robert Pollard. “But I’ll drink to that.”